Fred Chasen and Julie Blanc are in Athens with the Coko team and have been doing some exciting stuff… expect some pretty interesting updates very soon! Watch PagedMedia for news!
A few weeks ago at MIT Press in Boston, we had our first Paged Media event. Julie Blanc (pictured below), who works for Paged Media, wrote up a post to flesh out her awesome presentation…highly recommended reading if you enjoy geeking out about all this stuff:
From yesterday. Will post also to pagedmedia.org
Yesterday I presented at MIT Press.
Today, we had a truly amazing day today at MIT Press with the PagedMedia meeting. I’ll post some photos later on today, but in general, it went like this… First we had presentations from some very talented folks that use HTML and CSS to make books – showing how they did it and the results. You might think ‘wow… exciting times’… ha…but for me it was just fantastic. So many good folks and so much to learn from each. Then Julie Blanc and Fred Chasen did two awesome presentations on possible approaches to the problem. Finally we discussed these and agreed on the best path for now, and many people committed to various roles to get this all going…. Amazing…
Anyways…now in the Toronto airport, on my way to BC to do a presentation at INKE, introduced by my buddy John Maxwell…awesome!
Just putting together my presentation for MIT Press happening tomorrow (Monday, Jan 8). Work in progress, but embedded below.
This will be an Open Source initiative, appropriately licensed with the MIT license.
The January meeting will be the first meeting of the project and attending will be:
- Adam Hyde (Coko/PagedMedia.org/Shuttleworth Fellow)
- Dave Cramer (Hachette/PagedMedia.org/W3C Publishing Work Group)
- Nellie McKesson (Hederis/W3C PWG)
- Terry Ehling (MIT Press)
- Erich van Rijn (University of California Press)
- Kathi Flectcher (OpenStax/Shuttleworth Fellow)
- Hugh McGuire (PressBooks/W3C PWG)
- Arthur Attwell (Fire and Lion/Shuttleworth Fellow)
- Tzviya Siegman (Wiley/W3C PWG)
- Travis Rich (pubpub)
- Fred Chasen (PagedMedia.org/Future Press/W3C PWG)
- Julie Blanc (PagedMedia.org)
- Phil Schatz (OpenStax)
- Julien Taquet (Coko/PagedMedia.org)
- Ned Zimmerman (PressBooks)
- Carly Strasser (Coko)
- Wendell Piez
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
PagedMedia.org is funded by the Shuttleworth Foundation.
Also posted here – https://www.pagedmedia.org/paged-media-open-source-initiative/