Arthur Attwell is a friend and I’ve also been a fan of his work for a very long time (ever since his amazing work with Paperright https://story.paperight.com/author/arthurattwell/ ). He just posted an awesome post on Paged Media about his new project – Fire and Lion – and their paged media workflow…
From yesterday. Will post also to pagedmedia.org
The Paged Media meeting is today at MIT Publishing in Boston! Will post updates.
This will be an Open Source initiative, appropriately licensed with the MIT license.
The January meeting will be the first meeting of the project and attending will be:
- Adam Hyde (Coko/PagedMedia.org/Shuttleworth Fellow)
- Dave Cramer (Hachette/PagedMedia.org/W3C Publishing Work Group)
- Nellie McKesson (Hederis/W3C PWG)
- Terry Ehling (MIT Press)
- Erich van Rijn (University of California Press)
- Kathi Flectcher (OpenStax/Shuttleworth Fellow)
- Hugh McGuire (PressBooks/W3C PWG)
- Arthur Attwell (Fire and Lion/Shuttleworth Fellow)
- Tzviya Siegman (Wiley/W3C PWG)
- Travis Rich (pubpub)
- Fred Chasen (PagedMedia.org/Future Press/W3C PWG)
- Julie Blanc (PagedMedia.org)
- Phil Schatz (OpenStax)
- Julien Taquet (Coko/PagedMedia.org)
- Ned Zimmerman (PressBooks)
- Carly Strasser (Coko)
- Wendell Piez
For further information please contact: email@example.com
PagedMedia.org is funded by the Shuttleworth Foundation.
Also posted here – https://www.pagedmedia.org/paged-media-open-source-initiative/
Through my Shuttleworth Fellowship, I am kicking off a new project this week – PagedMedia, focusing on the development of a JS implementation of PagedMedia CSS spec and pagination. It is a new project which addresses a problem I have been looking for ways to solve for a very long time, since 2010 or so.
Fred Chasen and Julie Blanc will be doing all the hard work. Both awesome people and I’m very excited to see this get started!!!